Paul has over 25 years experience as a marketing practitioner in:
- private and public sector organisations
- small, medium and large organisations
- operating in both local, national and international markets
- range of industries including steel making, light & heavy manufacturing, packaging, food processing, OH&S, finance, clothing, education, retailing and consulting.
- Senior roles including Commercial Manager, Marketing Manager, Business Development Manager and Senior Market Planner have encompassed the full range of marketing activities.
Since entering academia, Paul has delivered both face-to-face, remote and distance teaching domestically and internationally to a range of institutions.
Drawing upon his extensive experience as a practitioner, Paul's teaching is characterised by inclusion of numerous real-life examples and innovative assessment activities to complement the text book theory. Paul is passionate about assisting students become workplace-ready and regularly utilises work-integrated learning activities into his classes.
Paul's teaching abilities have been recognised via various Faculty teaching awards. Paul has also developed content and student resources for various marketing textbooks.
Paul's research involves practical application of marketing to organisations. Various research examines include corporate rebranding, use of marketing by non-profit organisations, consumer behaviour of shoppers of second-hand goods, and the circular economy.